Huge thanks goes to Katr, for inspiring me with her heroism and being patient every day as I complained that I didn't know what to write about.
It's Katr's birthday today and darling - my gift to you is to not be blogging every day. YOU ARE WELCOME MY LOVE
Some excellent things have come out of this month of blogging revitalization:
- I got caught up with awesome blogger and fellow NaBloPoMo-er Solitary Diner, from whom I stole some post ideas.
- I made friends with a Fiona the Baby Hippo fan as rabid as myself (Hi Jennifer!)
- I learned that one of my childhood friends is now a GI nurse and so next time I have a stomach explosion, she said I could message HER on Facebook instead of my gastritis prayer group!
- I discovered that a LOT of people get email for other people thanks to Gmail letting you register email addresses with periods or dashes and then not recognizing periods or dashes.
- I found out that when you mention Duolingo in a post, Duolingo will email you about your "great article" and ask you to put a link to Duolingo in your post (you're welcome, Igor from Duolingo).
- I showed up for things that I said I would attend and inspired at least one other person to show up for something they might otherwise have blown off. So yeah, I'm a thought leader. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
This afternoon, we completed our holiday decor with a wreath from the UBC Botanical Garden:
Then took the dog for a romp in the rain:
And tonight, we celebrate the miracle of Katr's birth with much drinking and merriment! And then we will come home drunk and watch the reunion special of this season's Project Runway, because OMG THE TWINS.
Thanks to everyone who came to read my blog this month and to everyone who stroked my ego by telling me I should do it more. My intentions are so good, you guys.
I love you all and we'll see you next November!